Raipur, 14 July 2020
Chief Minister Mr. Bhupesh Baghel today chaired Cabinet Meeting at his residence office in capital city Raipur, wherein following important decisions were taken:-
• Ambitious programme outline of Godhan Nyay Yojana has been approved to make gauthans, sanctioned under Narva, Garua, Ghurua aur Bari Yojana, more employment-oriented. This scheme will be started in the state from the day of Hareli Festival. Till date, construction of nearly 5300 gauthans have been sanctioned in the state, out of which construction of 2408 in rural areas and construction of 377 gauthans in urban areas has been completed, from where implementation of the scheme shall begin.
In these gauthans, cowdung will be procured from cow and buffalo owners through gauthan samitis and the procured cowdung will be utilized to make vermi-compost and other products. This will not only promote organic farming but will also create new employment opportunities, encourage protection of cows stop open grazing and will expand the double crop area, creating source of extra income of livestock owners.
Cabinet Committee recommended procurement of cowdung at the rate of Rs 1.50 per kg from livestock owners in villages with cowsheds (gauthan). Cabinet approved the cowdung procurement rate at Rs 2 per kg, including the transport cost.
Cabinet also approved selling of vermi-compost produced under the scheme through cooperative societies to farmers at the rate of Rs 8 per kg. And Cabinet has also decided to include vermi-compost under the goods section of short-term agricultural loan of LAMPUS and Primary Agriculture Credit Cooperative Society.
• Cabinet has decided to merge remaining batch of teachers (panchayat and urban body cadre) who have completed service period of two years or more, under School Education Department from November 1, 2020. This will benefit 16 thousand 278 teachers.
• Revising the circular issued by General Administration Department regarding appointment on compassionate ground dated 14/06/2013, Cabinet has decided that if brother/sister is minor then the employer should get an interim application from unmarried deceased government servant’s parents in the context and the minor family member (brother/sister) should be given appointment on compassionate grounds after they qualify as adults, based on their educational qualifications on posts of Grade-III/IV.
• Cabinet has decided to temporarily relax the provision for depositing advance tax payable in advance if the vehicle or license is kept in use for a period of two months and to provide complete exemption in the monthly tax payable in the month of June for passenger buses under Section 21 of Chhattisgarh Motor Vehicles Taxation Act 1991.
• Cabinet has decided to give exemption in Stamp Duty / Registration Fee payable for change of land ownership rights on the ‘nazul patta’ alloted at non-concessional and concessional rates, on allotment of government land in urban areas, and for settlement of encroached land.
Under which the stamp duty payable on allotment / settlement and transfer of deeds to the owner of land has been fixed at 5 percent and after providing maximum exemption, cess has been fixed at Rs. 2 thousand.
Cabinet has decided to provide a rebate of 4 per cent of the registration fee payable on the allotment / administration and registration deeds of the land owner, of up to Rs 2000.
One percent additional (urban body) fee on stamp duty payable on allotment / settlement of land and change in landowner rights has been completely waived.
All these exemptions will remain in effect till 31 March 2021.
• Cabinet has decided to distribute 5 kg rice per person per month from July 2020 to November 2020 on ration cards (except APL category) issued under the Chhattisgarh Food Security Act, the same way is provided on the ration cards of the National Food Security Act. In this regard, the maximum entitlement of total food grains per person / card per month will be equal to the maximum entitlement of food grains issued under CGFS and NFSA.
• Cabinet has decided to distribute one kg chickpeas per card per month from July 2020 to November 2020 on ration cards issued under Chhattisgarh Food Security Act (except APL cards).
• Chhattisgarh State Government Guarantee Rules-2003 amendment draft has been approved.
• Decision to make probational appointment for three years on all the posts of direct recruitment has been taken.
• Cabinet has decided to constitute the “Indravati Basin Development Authority” for the overall development of the territory falling under the Chhattisgarh state border of Indravati river valley.
• The draft for amendment in Chhattisgarh Industrial Land and Management Rules-2015 has been approved.
• Cabinet has decided to conduct construction related works in the Forest Department through open tender process through contractual method.
• The Government of Chhattisgarh has decided to reimburse the equivalent amount of State Goods and Services Tax (SGST) payable for admission on the screening of the film ‘Chhapak’.
• Cabinet has approved to create 02 new posts of Additional Advocate General in Advocate General Office Bilaspur.
• Decision to discontinue the Chhattisgarh State Law Commission has been taken. Cabinet has decided to attach the 6 employees currently working in the Commission, on the same posts held by them in the Ministry of Law and Legislative Affairs Department of the state on contractual basis only as per the rules.
• Permission granted for regularization of employees under ‘casual and accidental establishment’ of the non-government organization Ramakrishna Mission Ashram Narayanpur.
• The draft for amendment in the Chhattisgarh State Administrative Service (Classification, Recruitment and Conditions of Service) Rules, 1975 has been approved.
• The appointment of Mr. Taman Singh Sonwani on the post of Chairman, Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission has been approved.
• New priority program for the state of Chhattisgarh approved in the Cabinet Meeting today.
• Amending the Chhattisgarh Government Work (Allocation) Rules, the allotment of the cause of protection of socially excluded and mentally oppressed people to Social Welfare Department has been approved.
• Notification dated 23 January 2020 that was issued to repeal the ‘Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Narayan (Persons detained for MISA / DIR political or social reasons) Samman Nidhi Rules, 2008’ has been amended and approevd to repeal the same from January 2019 in retrospective effect.
• Dr. Alok Shukla (retired IAS) has been given post-facto approval for three-year contractual appointment on the vacant unclassified post of Principal Secretary.
• The draft was approved for amendment in the Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission (Conditions of Service) Regulations, 2001.
• Cabinet has decided to finalize the rates for all the works related to drinking water supply facility in all the villages of the state through tender procedure, collected via invitation for Expression of Interest for providing drinking water supply through domestic tap connection under Jal Jeevan Mission. Cabinet has decided to ensure implementation of the mission via selected agencies.
• Draft of Chhattisgarh Rent Control (Amendment) Ordinance, 2020 has been approved for amendment in Chhattisgarh Rent Control Act 2011.
Under this, State Government will appoint retired judge of High Court or retired District Judge as Chairman of Rent Control Tribunal.
• Post-facto approval of the notification issued for 2% relaxation on the currently applicable registration fee (i.e. 4 percent of the guideline value of the property) on sale of residential houses and flats with market value of upto Rs 75 lakh, till 31 March 2021.
• As per the Cabinet’s decision, State Government will provide the loss amount of 32.88 crore (incurred under the Public Distribution System) to the cooperative sugar factories and the tax will be adjusted against the outstanding loans on the cooperative sugar factories.
• Formation of Chhattisgarh Sanskriti Parishad has been approved for ensuring uniformity in all the units conducted under Culture Department.
Chief Minister will be the chairman of this council and Culture Minister will be the Vice-Chairman. Besides, people from literature and art field, elected members of Chhattisgarh Legislative Assembly, elected members from Chhattisgarh in Parliament, non-government members (directors and presidents of divisions) will be nominated by the government as members of this council.
• Cabinet has decided to permit establishment of bio-ethanol product units in the state on Public Private Partnership (PPP) mode under special incentive package of the state’s Industrial Fund 2019-24.
• Chhattisgarh State Industrial Development Corporation Ltd. (CSIDC) approved the policy of purchasing private land with mutual consent for industrial purpose.