Three people died and two others were injured in a fire that broke out at Galaxy Hotel in Santacruz area of Mumbai on Sunday afternoon, police said.
Eight people were rescued and rushed to a nearby hospital, a fire official said.
The blaze erupted at around 1.20pm on the third floor of the ground plus four-storey structure The fire spread to two rooms of the hotel, damaging the electrical wiring, electric installations, split AC units, curtains, mattresses, wooden furniture, as well as the common electric duct, laundry clothes, and blankets in the staircase lobby from the first to the third floor of the building Mumbai Fire Brigade said that three people were brought dead to VN Desai Hospital and two were undergoing treatment.
The fire was extinguished using three small hose lines and one high-pressure first aid line
The MFB declared it as a level-one fire.
The deceased individuals, including one female and two males, have been identified as Rupal Kanji (25),Kishan, and Kantilal Gordhan Vara (48). Nineteen-year old Alfa Vakhariya and Manjula Vakhariya (49) are admitted to the hospital, and their conditions are stable.
“We are currently in the process of registering accidental death entries in connection with the deaths resulting from the fire at Prabhat Colony.
As of now, no FIR has been registered. We are awaiting a report from the fire department regarding the cause of the fire. Following this, we will determine if negligence was involved,” Vakola Police said.
Fire Alert : 3 dead, 2 injured Mumbai’s Santacruz, in Galaxy Hotel